[musictlk] Question for you

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 04:43:04 UTC 2013

Hi all,

To clarify, you don't necessarily need a sighted person to coach you,
just someone who can physically check out what you're doing.  If you
can find a blind teacher who plays well and has good technique, and
who can articulate things in a way that would help you learn, then all
the power to that.  A blind person may be better able to describe
things in terms of feel rather than visual aspects.  The few lessons I
had with a blind teacher at a summer program I went to were really
helpful.  I had a great sighted teacher but sometimes she struggled
with describing things because I couldn't seee them.  She had to adapt
her methods for me and was usually successful, but sometimes the
concepts were tricky to describe.  However, either way it should work,
although sighted teachers will probably be easier to come by.  Good
luck.

--
Kaiti