[musictlk] Question about Rights to a Song

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Thu Feb 28 14:33:47 UTC 2013

Likewise, songs that one may think is surely copyrighted may not be! For
instance, my last album has a recording of "Morning Has Broken" many believe
belongs to Cat Stevens (Yusef Islam); however, the music was written in the
1600s and the popular lyrics were written in 1923, making both the music and
the lyrics in the public domain.

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala