[musictlk] Blind Student to march in Rose Parade

kwakmiso at aol.com kwakmiso at aol.com
Sat Jan 5 21:31:44 UTC 2013

Thank you for the e-mail and all of your support.
I recently returned from week of rehearsing and performing.
It was an incredible blessing to be a part of the Bands of America
Honor Band among students from all over the nation who love band.
As a high school senior, it's just sad that this was probably the last
high school marching band experience. I am just thankful it was such an
awesome way of ending.
I hope more blind high school students get opportunities to participate
in marching band in their high schools.
Please feel free to e-mail me if you are hesitant about joining or
struggling with or anything related to marching band and drum corps(no
experience with corps yet but strongly interested)
Would love to talk together because when I was in 9th and 10th grade I
wanted to find other blind kids involved in the activity.
Again, I appreciate your support.
Happy 2013 everyone!
PS: if interested, you all should check this article out.
http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/17/drum-major-hopes-to-change-perception-of-visually-impaired/

Miso Kwak