[musictlk] regarding free style & rest style in guitar

Cameron Strife cameron at cameronstrife.com
Sat Jun 8 19:50:45 UTC 2013

Hi.

In terms of classical guitar technique, a Rest-stroke, or apoyando, is
when the finger that plucks a string rests on the next string and is
traditionally used in single melody lines.

Free-stroke, or tirando, refers to plucking the string without coming
to rest on the next string.

I hope that clarifies things.

Cameron.