[musictlk] NFB Training center????

Winona Brackett trumpetqueenwb at gmail.com
Sun May 12 22:05:59 UTC 2013

Hello All,

I am having a hard decision trying to decide if I want to go to an NFB
training center or not. (I promise, this is music related).

I understand that I will benefit greatly from any training center no
matter where I go, but the big dilemma is that I want to go to college
and study music education or performance. (I'm not 100% sure). If I go
to a training center, I'm thinking I would loose 6-9 months of
practicing and performance. And during the seven years as a trumpet
player, there has never been a month where I haven't played. So I
can't imagine not playing for six months. What do you guys think I
should do? Should I go to a training center right after high school
and then audition for colleges? Or, should I go to college and maybe
get a degree in music education or performance; go to a training
program knowing I have that degree; and then look for a job after the
training?

Thanks,
Winona