[musictlk] NFB Training center????

Miso Kwak kwakmiso at aol.com
Sun May 12 22:57:01 UTC 2013

I haven't attended any NFB center program. I am planning to attend one
in Colorado this summer before I start college. It will probably be the
first and last time I attend NFB center at least in my head right now...
This is definitely a personal choice.
I chose this summer because I don't want to delay beginning my college.
Maybe I will go to center for 6 months to a year after college but
knowing mhyself I know I would prefer starting grad school or doing a
program like Teach America before grad school.
If I were in your situation I think I would rather choose right after
college. Like Dave mentioned as long as you have a good discipline you
will be able to prepare for your audition.
Since I am merely a high school senior my saying probably doesn't carry
much reliability but I feel like getting a job or going to grad school
for your masters would be much easier straight out of college rather
than taking a gap year as a either music ed major or performance major.
If you are a music ed major you would be trained on how to lead an
ensemble in college intensely through your conducting classes and
student teaching. Wouldn't it be easier to apply right away than
waiting for a while with no intense music activities at an NFB center?
I hope you can make the best decision for yourself. :)
Miso