[musictlk] Choir Voices and Ranges

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 05:23:16 UTC 2013

I guess the only determining factor on the boy choir not being the
same as a girl choir would be if the choir includes tenors.  I've seen
some performances where a boy choir invites back alumni who are
tenors, baritones, and basses, but in that case I would think they
would just use either a 4-part or 8-part score just like a mixed choir
would, or any girl choir that would happen to have people to sing
tenor and bass.  Of course the latter is quite rare, but the point is
that most pieces could be done by either boy choir or girl choir
unless something specific is done to change the dynamics of the group
range.  I'd go with what Julie said for metzos; as one I can say that
that is basically the range I and others in my studio with that voice
type have, and moreover Julie knows her stuff.  :)

--
Kaiti