[musictlk] Regarding guitar lessons

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 05:31:55 UTC 2013

Hi,

I can personally speak for the guitar by Ear series, as it took me
through the guitar basics and did a very good job.  There is a
specific set of CDs which would be very helpful if you've never picked
up a guitar before.  I believe it's called Guitar by Ear for the
Visually Impaired.  Bill Brown created that CD set for a couple of
reasons; to provide excellent descriptions of hand placement, chord
fingerings, and orientation to the parts of the guitar so those who
are blind and are just picking it up for the first time understand the
basic concepts propperly, and to help the blind guitar player to
practice the rudiments of playing the instrument with verbal feedback
they can access at their own pace before moving on to the rest of the
guitar by ear series.  The last CD includes a sample of what the other
CDs in the series are like.  I found it a bit challenging after just
completing the 3 CDs of basics, but practice and referring back to the
other CDs was very helpful.

You can find them online by just googling "Guitar by Ear."  I believe
the set specific to visually impaired veginners sells for somewhere
between 30 and 40 U.S dollars, but I'm not sure how that price would
be in Indian currency.  If I find the link I will post it to this
thread so you can access it easily.

--
Kaiti