[musictlk] strategies for following directors needed

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Wed Nov 27 02:57:34 UTC 2013

Have the person next to you link little fingers with you and move her
finger for beat patterns, lighter or harder for decrescendo and
crescendo, touch for fermatas, etc. Anything like that will work, if
she's willing. You could have her tap on the back of your hand, if
that is more comfortable.

HTH.

At 05:50 PM 11/26/2013, you wrote:
>Hi-
>
>This autumn I have joined our local community chorus.  I have
>memorized the various songs we will perform.  I do have an issue I
>would love some advice/recommendations with.
>
>How do you follow the director through the various aspects of the
>score that she will indicate via visual prompts?  I have only a
>little light perception and have been holding back a smidge on my
>reactions to hear what other members are doing. I really hope,
>however, there is a better strategy I could use.
>
>Thanks in advance for your time in helping me.
>
>Diane

>for musictlk:
>http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/musictlk_nfbnet.org/mentink%40frontiernet.net
>

>-----