[musictlk] Piano/keyboard playing tips

Louise May Fami may.fami at yahoo.com.ph
Sun Oct 27 02:34:35 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

After several years of playing the piano, this is my first time to play with the band. I got a few questions:

1. How can I do the listen and play thing. There are some instances wherein people would request songs that we didn't rehearse. How can I listen to them and follow their chord progressions and play it at the same time?? Or sometimes if the song is familiar, how can I play and recall the music in my head successfully?? Do you know some play by ear  sites or youtube videos that would be able to help me on this?? Please share if you have some tips.

2. How can I play keyboard parts in some songs wherein the keyboard parts are not clear enough?? I also want to ask if you know websites wherein I can find right chords in case I wont be able to play it by ear?? I got songs here that I need to learn.

Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes - Time Of My Life
Beatles Something
Burn  - Tina Arena
In My Life -  Patti Austin
Michael Jackson-Man in the mirror
Roberta Flack ft. Donny Hathaway - The Closer I Get To You
Power of 2 indigo girls

Thank you in advance. Any suggestions , tips and help would be highly appreciated.
May