[musictlk] Introduction

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Mon Apr 7 21:25:18 UTC 2014

Hello, Dr. Rush,

Thanks for introducing yourself and asking questions here. Welcome, by the way!

I've known how to read and write braille music for a long time. I
learned in 3rd grade; that would be 50 years ago. I wouldn't have
gotten through my college classes without it.

Music theory was a pain, mostly because I didn't have the tests and
other materials in braille. I had to depend on readers, meaning, of
course, that they did most of the work. I got good grades in my music
classes, except for 20th Century Theory. I didn't do well there
because my instructor wouldn't let me hear the music samples on the
test. Why? Because the others didn't get to. You can guess that I was
furious, and helpless to do anything about it!
  Technology wasn't what it is now. I sure could have used a program
such as you are working on!
Just ask away, and we'll tell you what we can.