[musictlk] can a blind person play guitar

Kelsey Nicolay piano.girl0299 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 04:06:05 UTC 2014

Hello,
I've been considering learning guitar for quite a while.  I have
a good ear and have solid skills on the piano, so that shouldn't
be an issue.  However, I tried taking a guitar class at college
and the one thing I really struggled with was locating the frets
on each string.  For example, playing a chromatic scale on guitar
was really hard for me since I found it difficult to move from
string to string and locate the frets.  This is why I'm
hesitating a bit on signing up for lessons.  Is it possible for a
blind person to learn to play guitar? If so, any tips on how to
make locating the frets easier? I really don't want to put
Braille labels on my guitar if I don't have to.
Thank you,
Kelsey Nicolay