[musictlk] singing high notes

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Thu Dec 25 00:03:58 UTC 2014

Hi Kelsey,

Of course it works! Would I steer you wrong? Smile.

Only do it at rehearsal. You don't have to bend them a lot, but when
you stand to sing, don't lock your knees. Bending the knees will help
you to keep your back straight, and to roll your buttocks under as
you sing higher. And, don't stick your chin in the air. When you're
working with your voice at home, keep the small of your back and the
back of your neck wide. You can check your back by putting both hands
behind your back with your thumbs on the sides near your hips, thumbs
pointing around your waist toward the front. Check the back of your
neck by putting the fingers of both hands behind your neck with your
thumbs pointing around your neck to the front. In each case, push
against your hands so that you press into your hands.

Blessings,

Linda