[musictlk] Blind-friendly Audio Editing Fundamentals Course Starts in August!

Linda Mentink via musictlk musictlk at nfbnet.org
Wed Jun 4 23:58:35 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I got this from another list, and it's appropriate for this one.

Blessings,

Linda

  From CAVI, Cisco Academy for the Vision Impaired:

Audio Editing Fundamentals, Single Track or Multi-track (starts August 2014)

These courses teach audio editing to those of all skill levels. The
single trakc course focuses on using software like Goldwave to
record, edit, and enhance audio. The multi-track course teaches all
aspects of audio production and mixing using Reaper. Both classes
teach principles of microphone usage, choosing formats, and provide a
survey of audio equipment for all budget levels. Our original Audio
Fundamentals course has had a refresh this term and is now split into
two tracks. Students may choose whether they'd like to learn single
track editing with Goldwave, or multitrack editing with Reaper.

If you are still unsure of much of the terminology audio pros use and
want an affordable and accessible way to learn the basics of audio
editing in a structured and interactive environment, this is the
course for you!

For more information on this course, please go to:
http://wiki.cucat.org/index.php?n=Main.AudioEditingFundamentals

For the enrolment deadline and to see all 2014 semester 2 course
offerings, go to:
http://wiki.cucat.org/index.php?n=Main.Courses

NOTE: I am not officially affiliated with CAVI.  I did recently take
and pass their IT Esentials course, which enabled me to pass the
CompTIA A+ exams with flying colors.

Chris