[musictlk] "Visually-impaired musicians' lives" project - questionnaire

David Baker David.Baker at ioe.ac.uk
Thu Jun 5 15:05:54 UTC 2014

Dear Fellow Musicians,

Further to my earlier message regarding the "Visually-impaired musicians' lives" survey, thank you to everyone who has completed it. If you have not already completed it, we would be really grateful for your support, as this will provide really helpful information on global musical participation amongst visually-impaired people. The survey can be accessed through this link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/V8R9Q3X

Please accept my apologies if you have linked to the questionnaire and experienced accessibility problems. We did our utmost, working with Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) (UK), to ensure the online questionnaire worked with screen readers (e.g. JAWS, NVDA)but, since the questionnaire service is provided by an external company, we had limited control. We went with this service as RNIB use it for their staff surveys. Anyone who is experiencing problems is most welcome to complete the questionnaire with me by Skype instead and we can make the necessary arrangements if they send an e-mail to david.baker at ioe.ac.uk<mailto:david.baker at ioe.ac.uk>

Thank you for all your support with this important venture. Please do let any visually-impaired, adult musician (of any level of participation, genre and context) know about this questionnaire link. I hope to meet some of you at our project conference in London on 6 and 7 March 2015.

With very best wishes,

David

Dr. David Baker
Room 628A
Department of Culture, Communication and Media
Institute of Education, University of London
20 Bedford Way
London WC1H 0AL
E-mail: david.baker at ioe.ac.uk<mailto:david.baker at ioe.ac.uk>
Profile: http://research.ioe.ac.uk/portal/en/persons/david-baker(927ee411-458a-4386-ab65-ed24d49ebca9).html
"Visually-impaired musicians' lives" (VIML) project website: http://vimusicians.ioe.ac.uk<http://vimusicians.ioe.ac.uk/>
Read David's book chapters in Developing the Musician (Mary Stakelum, Ed.): http://www.ashgate.com/isbn/9781472403940
Recent articles by David: http://rsm.sagepub.com/content/35/2/141.full.pdf+html and https://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=9213204&fulltextType=RA&fileId=S0265051714000072