[musictlk] portable/field recorder recommendations anybody?

Cameron Strife cameron at cameronstrife.com
Wed Jun 11 19:57:01 UTC 2014

Hi everybody. I need to pick your brains for a moment... I'm looking
for a no frills easy to use 24 bit field recorder that can record to
an sdhc card, is stand mountable, and has clean and quiet built in
stereo mics/preamps.

I'd like something with two xlr jacks as well but it's not a
requirement... Four tracks at once would be nice. This would be used
for everything from one on one guitar lessons, group lessons, and
gigs/recital recording or whatever else I can hire myself out for
around here...

Any suggestions? Here is a short list of the models I'm considering:

Marantz PMD661 MKII
Marantz PMD620 MKII
Korg MR-2
Roland SD-2U
Roland R26
Sony PCM-M10
Tascam D100MKII
Tascam D40
Superscope PSD410

My budget is around $400 give or take.

Any positives/negatives from anybody who's actually used any of these
units before?

Thanks,

Cameron.