[musictlk] developing confidence in braille music

Leslie Hamric lhamric930 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 23 14:05:22 UTC 2014

Hello. In terms of reading lyrics and notes at the same time, what I do is have my right hand on the words and my left hand on the notes. Or another thing I've tried is to memorize the words and then just read the notes. You can absolutely use braille music and your piano playing. You know your interval signs? Interval signs are used when playing chords so you know that the notes are to be played all at once. Intervals I read downward in the right-hand and upward in the left hand. If you think of it this way, with the intervals being read downward in the right hand,  you can always see the melody line at the far left side of the court. You read your intervals according the right-hand because you're going to sit right down and write yourself a letter. Please write me off list if you need anymore help. My email is
lhamric930 at comcast.net

Leslie

Sent from my iPhone