[musictlk] choir question

Smith, Pauline L PSmith4 at dmc.org
Tue May 6 17:56:52 UTC 2014

I am singing soprano in my church's choir.  I have always sung alto in other choirs.  That is probably more in tune with my voice.  I can hide in mass choral things, but would never sing a solo with a lot of high soprano notes.  People assume I would sing female tenor because of my heavy speaking voice.  No one has ever suggested I sing that part.  I'll have to agree with Rob and others on the list.  One must sing in the range that is most comfortable.

Pauline