[musictlk] update on high notes

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 23:46:02 UTC 2014

Hi,
I just switched from tenor to bass for this very reason, so I was going to suggest
changing to alto but I read you already are one.
Talk to your choir teacher and say that you are having trouble with the high notes
and explain why.  Although switching definetly made it easier for me, my teachou also
noticed that I was stretching my neck too much and not relaxing my muscles when
singing high notes.  Because I have been singing for such a long time without seeing
how it is done, this would take awhile to correct.  But if you do it alone, in front
of your teacher, the teacher may have some advice for you.
Or you could take voice lessons, but they would have to be either live or with a
sighted person via Skype.
Vejas