[musictlk] question about posture

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 04:59:11 UTC 2014

Mine is an old metal one too (it even creeks so I have to set it
before the staging people move it out to the performance space).  You
should still be able to move it as Linda suggests, either using the
lip of the stand as a rest for the music, or the other way around like
I do it so that the lip is away from you.  This allows for full access
to the page, I think, because it doesn't get in your way when you're
reading the bottom lines.  Either solution works; you'll just have to
do what is most comfortable for you.

If the stand can't move any further, I'd consider buying your own if
you're planning to sing in choirs often.  I have a plastic one that I
use at home when I'm practicing, either to hold my music or things
like a metronome or recording device, and it works well.  They should
be pretty cheap.  Some are also portable; I have one at my actual
house (opposed to the house I stay in on campus), and that one is a
collapsible stand.  I don't like it sometimes because the back has
open spots and isn't solid metal or plastic, but if you keep your
music in a binder or folder it still works fine.

--
Kaiti