[musictlk] - Your Thoughts

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Tue Jan 13 21:54:53 UTC 2015

Hi Ann,

Balance and stability should come from how you stand, where you place
your feet, what kind of shoes you wear. If you point one heel toward
the ball of the other foot, point that toe slightly to the side, keep
your feet a comfortable distance apart, and keep yourself from
locking your knees, your balance should be good. Wear shoes with a
slight heel so that your body is slightly forward, that will help as well.

I prefer a music stand, mostly because holding something against my
stomach inpedes my freedom to breathe properly, and makes sure that I
won't drop the music if I'm a little nervous. It's also easier to
turn pages quietly.

Blessings,

Linda