[musictlk] pitch pipe

Chase Crispin chase.crispin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 05:11:37 UTC 2015

Hi Kency,
If you have a chance to get to a music store, I would suggest looking into
Timpani tuners.  I found one that has buttons arranged in a circle for each
chromatic pitch.  When you press a button, it plays the corresponding pitch.
Though this is really meant for those tuning a timpani by ear, it works
great for blind musicians since one button plays a specific pitch.  Not all
timpani tuners have a simple layout, so it is best to check them out in a
music store if you can.  I have tried various iPhone apps but it is
difficult for me to use an app since you have to mess with speech and a
touch screen to find your pitch, which adds time and noise in a quiet
rehearsal or practice environment.
I hope this helps.

Chase Crispin