[musictlk] New to the List and looking for a volunteer transcriptionist

Amy Billman amy0223 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 02:02:52 UTC 2015

first of all, well said, Linda! Amen in agreement a thousand times over!I,
am not a transcriber, but Braille Music transcribers especially are very
rare, and also in general, they can be extremely busy individuals.
There's a good deal of learning and work involved in actually being
certified and skilled at transcribing braille music, and it's honestly
insulting to expect such a request e.g. someone willing to volunteer their
time to do such a task.
You may get lucky, but as Linda said, people have bills to pay, and they
should be paid for their services.

To also backup Linda's other statement: yes, definitely the hadley course on
Braille Music. I took it in the 90's in order to learn how to read, braille
music as prior to that I was an by ear only musician, and while I don't know
if it's under the same instructor, it's an awesome learning resource.
I do not know what the cost is now if any; hopefully it's not free of
chaarge.
Amy Billman
Email:
 Amy0223 at gmail.com