[musictlk] choir

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 11:33:45 UTC 2015

I would do a range check before joining the choir to make sure nothing has changed. You could either ask the director to check your range or check it on your own using a piano or keyboard. If you need help with this, please write me off-list and I can give you more details. Another best practice I have found helpful is to ask the director about his/her expected range for each voice part. For example, he/she may expect an Alto 1 to get up to a 5th octave C. If this is too high for your range, you may be better off as an Alto 2. Hope this helps.

Chris Nusbaum

Sent from my iPhone