[musictlk] Trouble With my Boombox

Annabelle Susan Morison foristnights at comcast.net
Mon Aug 22 01:26:08 UTC 2016

Hi, it's Annabelle.
I'm not sure if you know about this, but you can certainly give it your best
shot. Do you know of any good quality USB-Powered stereo components out
there? The reason why I ask this is because I have a boombox that has been
acting strange recently. Basically, the whole thing started a couple nights
ago when I was attempting to listen to music on my CD Player. That night, my
boombox kept doing this crazy thing where the CD player would shut off in
the middle of a song, and I wasn't even touching anything! Then the power
would flicker off and on. This has never happened before. The former problem
of the CD Player shutting off in the middle of a song has happened once
before, and it drives me absolutely mad! I've had this boombox, a Panasonic
RX-D16, since 2002. Now it's skipping on just about every CD I play. How
does someone blind like me try to fix it without ruining the whole machine?
I mean, I don't want to touch something important and wind up shocking
myself. This particular model I have has been out-of-print for a while, and
I want to find something similar if it's time to buy a new one. I wonder if
there's a possibility for me to have a stereo system with separate
components, things like CD Player, Tape Recorder, Record Player, and Radio,
that is the same dimensions of my boombox? I want to find out if there are
any separate components, preferably ones that have USB capabilities, that
can fit into a space of 16.5"x10.8"x6.1".