[musictlk] new 88 key synth recommendations and accessible editors for mac or windows?

Cameron Strife cameron at cameronstrife.com
Tue Nov 15 03:11:15 UTC 2016

Hi everyone. I know that the motif series from Yamaha has a jaws
friendly editor/librarian but as the Montoge is taking over, is there
any word on an editor we could actually work with on mac or windows?

If the Motif is indeed on the way out, I don't know if I want to dump
a pile of money on one this late in the game.

Thoughts?

Failing that, how about editors for the Korg Krome, Kurzweil Forte,
pc3A, or the Roland FA08?

Has anyone played the Nord piano 3 by chance? It seems to be very
tactile friendly from what I've read but I can't seem to find how
diverse of a sound set there really is or if you can use it in multi
timbral mode either... They make a point of saying everything has it's
own button or knob and that it's user friendly...

I'm at the point where I'll be investing in something early next year
and it has to be reasonably accessible, current sounding, able to
cover many styles of music, and have at least a decent graded hammer
action 88 key bed. (I liked the Yamaha S90es I owned for years and I
liked the roland Phantom's action but, I played it in a showroom years
ago so my brain could be playing tricks on me!) I won't be gigging
with it so speakers are not a must and size and weight is not a real
issue.

Finally, yes, I am aware of native instruments komplete, the 88 key
controller and it's new found patch accessibility. The sounds are very
appealing, however, the 88 key controller and komplete will run two
grand if I'm not mistaken and I'm not thrilled at paying two grand for
a setup that will have no sounds unless one is hooked up to their host
computer and sample drive.

Thanks,

Cameron.