[musictlk] (no subject)

Eden eden420 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 17 22:43:23 UTC 2016

  I'm sorry if this posted but I had sent it from the wrong address.
I wanted to introduce myself and ask a couple of questions. I am fEden Kizer and I am from Portland, Oregon. I love playing piano and have recently picked it up I'm still not very good although while learning all the basics I am also tryingto learn a very difficult Tori Amos piece. I had the notes audio transcribed, but it is expensive. I bought the Gdfeel software but I'm really at a loss how to use it I may have bought something wan over my skill level.  i'm also looking for other solutions as I do not have sighted friends who read music who could correct scanning errors. Have any of you scanned music propperly. Also do you know where to find files of this musicxml format they say the software needs. They probably do not have stuff for popular songs as it's open source, but I don't know. Also my keyboard I do not like is a Ypg235 because the sound is not real enough. Having looked around, it looks like the digital pianos that will meet my sound needs run between 1 and 2 grand. Recommendations on which you like don't like find easy to use. Also for those of you who play acoustic guitar, does it take more finger strength than piano and will the callouses make it hard to read braille as that is my main mode of communication. Also I would love to meet other blind musicians from the Portland, OregonstVancouver, Washington area. Thanks. Eden