[musictlk] Make-Up: Yes, this is music-related!

Rachel Grider rachel.grider at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 00:55:18 UTC 2017

Hello, Fellow Musicians!

I am a classical soprano, and as such, I must regularly attend
auditions.  I am aware that in these auditions, I am not only
judged on my technique and musicianship, but also on my
appearance.  It is expected that I wear make-up.

Personally, I hate make-up, not only because it makes me feel
gross, but also because I have never really been able to master
applying it so that it looks attractive.  For performances, I
have always been able to work out someone to do my make-up for
me, but I am not usually so resourceful for auditions and
rehearsals.  Do any of you have suggestions regarding this? What
techniques do you use for applying make-up?

Thank you, and best regards,

Rachel