[musictlk] Auto harp

Ashley Griggs ashleysongbird at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 15:58:45 UTC 2017

Hi there, I purchased an autoharp two years ago and it's one of my favorite things to play now. I have a 21 bar Oscar Schmidt. That's the most commonly found brand and also, in my opinion and that of many others, the one that really sounds the best. You can play melodies on them, but that is most easily done using fingerpicks where you place one on your index and middle fingers and use of thumb  pick. I've just started getting into using fingerpicks and playing melodies. A flat pic is mainly used for playing chords, though you can change up the voicing of the cord a bit depending on where on the autoharp you play. Tuning Canby and irritating sure, but the good thing about The autoharp having 36 strings is that when a couple fall flat it's not noticeable. I usually wait until the whole thing has fallen flat to tune it just because of how time-consuming it is. I hope this is helpful.
Ashley

Sent from my iPhone