[MusicTlk] Aid to Participation in Music Ensembles

BillList1 billlist1 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 10 17:58:36 UTC 2018

Congratulations to Patrick G. and others who have broken into mainstream
music ensembles.  It can be done.

It is a good practice to contact music publishers to let them know that you
have a legal copy of the music you need to learn but, since you are visually
impaired, you could benefit from receiving the score as a MusicXML file.

These days, most composers and arrangers use some kind of notation editor
software such as Finale or Sibelius.  These programs can export the entire
score or selected parts to MusicXML.  Some publishers have supplied some of
our customers with MusicXML versions of scores on request.

Our own music notation editor, Lime, can import MusicXML and render it
immediately accessible as a talking score, in braille music notation via
GoodFeel, or as magnified print music via the Lime Lighter feature.  You
have the option to play the score back in tempo to a metronomic click so you
can play along to test your memory.

Anyone interested to know more and to try an evaluation copy of the software
can write me off-list at my info at DancingDots.com address.

Bill McCann
Dancing Dots

P. S.  I used Lime to create both the print and braille parts to my silly
song about the blind guy who dreams of his first solo ride in his
self-driving "Google Car."

See links below to access the video and to download the braille part and
sing along.

Video link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F53G3Z4nQl4

Braille for voice part with lyrics:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yclhsuc03zxpezz/The%20Glorious%20Dream%2C%20Ballad
%20of%20the%20Google%20Car%20%28voice%20part%29.brf?dl=1