[MusicTlk] College bands question

Rachel Grider rachel.grider at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 17:59:01 UTC 2018

Hi, Lisa:

I’m sorry for the late response. When I was in high school, I pretty much was able to stay in line with the rest of the band when we marched. The field show was a little more tricky, but I was able to memorize my positions and how many steps it would take to get there; I did use some of my residual vision to help me make sure I was in the right spot in relation with the other players.

As others have said, there are usually other ensembles in college which you could check out. My college didn’t even have a marching band.

Good luck, and if you have any other questions about marching or anything, please feel free to ask me. :-)

Rachel