[MusicTlk] Any good Hex Editors?

Annabelle Susan Morison foristnights at comcast.net
Tue Feb 27 05:25:30 UTC 2018

Hi, it's Annabelle.
I found something interesting on the Internet, about how to fix broken .wav
files that won't open in any players. Someone named Scott Hanselman said
something about using a binary file editor, specifically a Hex editor, to
fix the headers. However, I'm not sure where I can find any good Hex editors
that would work with JAWS. Anybody have any pointers? I've tried Notepad++,
but all I get when I read the file line-by-line is a bunch of weird code.
Here's an example of a .wav file that I've recently recovered, but when I
import it into Audacity as Raw data, unfortunately I get nothing but very
loud static. A teacher of mine told me that Hex editors are usually
sight-oriented, in other words, I would have to have sighted help to fix the
headers of a file that is presumably corrupted!