[MusicTlk] Any good Hex Editors?

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Tue Feb 27 12:13:50 UTC 2018

There are some Hex Editors out there, such as UltraEdit which is an editor I
use.  That particular editor is not free, I think around $80, but it has a
demonstration period that would give you a chance to check it out.  In the
case of UltraEdit, it tries displaying all of the values as characters which
is NotePad++ is doing for you, but there is a key that changes the view to
"Hex" view.  Actually, I was thinking that NotePad++ had this ability as
well, though.  When you are in Hex mode, the values in your file are
displayed as two digit hexadecimal characters that have values from 0-9 and
then A-F.  Therefore, changing a specific value can only be done if you have
a very good idea of what needs to be changed and how to find it.  Also, WAV
files are large, so any editor you use will have to be able to handle files
that are large.

Good luck.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson