[MusicTlk] a couple of questions about nls music and chords

Jamie Prater jdprater at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 26 14:22:52 UTC 2018

Hi, all, I failed to mention in my post yesterday that I have had four years
of voice and three years of piano but since it wasn't possible to keep our
music and I had to memorize everything and it is rusty, I'm starting all
over.  One thing I want to know is the popular music lead sheets, how many
of you actually use them and if so, how?  I learned through braille music
and only a few chords in my teens and have gained more chord knowledge since
then, so are these guitar or piano chords, or does it matter?  Next, I like
the sound of the suspended chords and want to learn more about them and how
to effectively use them.  I have tried to use and plan on continuing to use
the Bill Brown material, the Bill Irwin material, and the Gail Pederson Key
to the Keys material to gain piano knowledge and to hopefully increase my
development of my ear.  How many of you use these materials?  What is your
favorite thing about them, and your least favorite thing about these
materials, and do you recommend anymore of these types of materials?  I also
am trying to use some of the Daniel Abrams material as well and the
perfection Ear course.  Thanks a lot and have a blessed day.