[MusicTlk] Perfect pitch question

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Fri Oct 12 17:48:19 UTC 2018

Hi Cory,

No, I'm sure it doesn't.  In fact, a piano tuner friend told me
that it's actually absolute pitch, not perfect pitch.  One of the
young ladies in my college theory class had absolute pitch, and I
have very close relative pitch.  Because of that, our teacher
said the key we were supposed to write melodies in when she
played them for our ear training quizzes, but she played them in
a different key because she wanted to be sure that we were
listening to the intervals.

Blessings,

Linda