[MusicTlk] perfect pitch

Patrick Gormley kk3fradio at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 14:53:12 UTC 2018

Corey blindness has nothing to do with having perfect pitch.  Dr. Jernigan
was blind and couldn't keep a tune to save his soul.  Sometimes perfect
pitch can be a blessing and a curse.  Just try to listen to out of tune
strings  or the drone bagpipes before they get in tune.  I can hear the
beats (differences between pitches of two instruments) until they get in
tune.  My daughter who is sighted has perfect pitch as well (she was never
tested until recently) when he helped a person who is a candidate for his
doctorate who actually tested her.