[MusicTlk] Making Music

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 19:42:32 UTC 2019

Hi Joseph:

I'm so excited to hear that you're considering writing your own music! When you say you want someone to help you write the songs, are you referring to music or lyrics? If music, I've done some arranging in my time and I would be glad to help. If lyrics, I've always thought that I'm much better with music than words, but lately I've had a few surprising occasional bursts of creativity which have resulted in some decent lyrics. Most of these lyrics have come to me while in the shower, but they're lyrics nonetheless. LOL! Anyway, I would be glad to collaborate if you would be willing.

Since you refer to Pro Tools in your note, I gather that you are using a Mac. I'm a Windows guy myself, but as far as I know Logic Pro and Garage Band are the most popular and accessible music production programs for the Mac. There's another program called DJ Pro, but I think it's mostly used for broadcasting and mixing with a board. So I would suggest taking a look at either of those programs for music production. However, others on this list who are Mac experts may have better suggestions. Also, have you considered buying a mixer? If not, it may be a good idea, particularly if you want to make beats and mix them together. This production can be done with software to an extent, but a mixer can make the final product a little smoother. If you want further help with this, a colleague at the Internet radio station I work for produces for both radio and music with a Mac and a mixing board. She has a mixing/beat matching feature on her weekly show, so I'm sure she would be happy to help you.

Please write to me off-list if you want to talk further. I look forward to hearing the music you will make!

Blessings,

Chris Nusbaum