[MusicTlk] need some help playing something

Jamie Prater jdprater at bellsouth.net
Thu Feb 6 18:24:49 UTC 2020

Hi, all, I do not want to get into trouble for copyrighting violations but I wanted to learn how to play this song.  I can sing it and could possibly pick it out one note at a time on piano and maybe eventually flute, but how can these chords sound like the song I love???  Any help would be most appreciated.

F               C   Dm         Am

I love you oh Lord, my strength

   Bb                F  Bb    Csus   C

My fortress, my strong hold forever

C               F         Bb         F

The rock of salvation, my only foundation

         Dm             G         Csus  C

When the world all around me moves on

F                C    Dm         Am

I love you oh Lord, my strength

Bb                   F Bb     Csus  C

My fortress, my strong hold forever

    C           F         Bb         D

The rock of salvation, my only foundation

Gm              Csus C  F  C   Dm

I trust in your holy name, oh Lord

  Gm            Csus Bb

I trust in your holy name