[MusicTlk] ABC Music Notation

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Wed May 6 00:37:54 UTC 2020

Hi everyone,
My name is Vejas. I post from time to time on the Stylist and NABS lists.
I am an avid music lover, and took voice lessons in school, but other than that I mostly just listen when I'm writing or just want to relax. I also took piano lessons for awhile.
Lately, I've really gotten into European traditional music, mostly Irish, English, Scottish and Welsh. I've been listening to it for the past few years, but I'd really like to learn some tunes now! I'm on a community of others who enjoy folk. To learn tunes, it is common to use a type of music notation called ABC music notation. I can access the ABC's of lots of tunes electronically, but I'm very confused by them, and I don't know if what my Braille display is is what others are seeing.
Is there anyone here familiar with ABC who could point me towards a good resource for learning (preferably electronically since the tunes are found online).
Thank you,
Vejas