[MusicTlk] general question about informal production and recording

Sandra Streeter sandrastreeter381 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 20:43:52 UTC 2020

Hello:

to keep our voices/brains in condition for when we actually can physically
meet again after c19, the community chorus I'm a part of is advised to use a
program like Soundtrack for recording our own versions of songs, for private
use and sharing with other group members, if we so desire. I already have an
eye on a piece to start with, the song "Natural Science," by the band Rush,
which will work my weak lower vocal range and keep my mid-range strong.
However, I'm a complete newbee at this tech, and wonder what might meet my
needs-and I'm technophobic, to boot! I would like to make recordings I can
share, and possibly, branch out into other genres over this time-hymns,
classical, the stuff I'm generally more trained to do anyway. But because of
my extreme passion for rush, that is my starting place. I'm not looking to
build a home studio or make a career out of it, just playing around and not
looking to spend any money over it. Thoughts/suggestions? BTW: Win. 10,
JAWS/NVDEA equipped system; have Windows Media Player and possibly,
Audacity; just got a camera/mike system for Zoom and expecting a set of
headphones soon that will plug into the 3.5 jack of my computer, at this
point. Thanks! Any instruction, advice, suggestions, greatly appreciated-be
patient with me!

Sandra

A quality of justice

A quantity of light