[MusicTlk] Reading sheet music on a Braille Display

Luis Arellano blindeducator at outlook.com
Tue May 4 02:18:45 UTC 2021

Hi, if you can find musicXML files. You can read the music with the Android app SM MusicReader. The same developer did also put out a braille reading app for Android. So you may want to search for the developer to see what turns up. As far as PDF music scores and brf files. You can try scanning the PDF with MuseScore then saving it as a musicXML file. Just be aware, just like when you OCR a print page. At times you find errors. Scanning PDF files with MuseScore, will give you some errors. You'll get this with any score software. Even with dancing dots. Once you have the musicXML file. go to braillescore and have it converted as a brf file. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone