[MusicTlk] Choir Conducting

kelby carlson kelbycarlson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 20:12:01 UTC 2022

I may have the opportunity to begin conducting a choir in the somewhat near future. I took a choral conducting class many years ago, but will confess to have forgotten 99% of it, including the gestures—a real shame since the professor went to some effort to make sure I got a lot out of the class.

I would like to know if anyone here has conducted a choir in any capacity. If so, what were your strategies? How did you obtain sheet music and use it effectively (e.g. did you end up needing to memorize everybody's parts?) Any help with this is very much appreciated.