[MusicTlk] Introduction and a question

Tkáčik Michal michal.tkacik at skn.sk
Fri Jan 14 09:09:40 UTC 2022

Dear List members,

I would like to greet you and thank the moderators for establishing this kind of list. I might as well perhaps introduce a bit myself and explain my interest in the list.

My name is Michal tkacik, I work as a lead coordinator of the Braille Authority of Slovakia - newly established institute in Slovak Library for the Blind in Levoca. As with all the braille authorities, my main task is to work out and issue standards for braille usage in Slovakia within all the areas, where blind people needs it. Of course, there were rules and standards before used in Slovakia. I am though adjusting these rules with international ones with the Braille Authority of Slovakia Committee.

I would like to ask you for a help in the matter of establishing standards for Braille music. Research on this matter has shown me, recently the newest internationally adopted publication (is 1996 - New International Manual of Braille Music Notation; by Bettye Krolick). I would like to adopt these rules and translate them into Slovak language for the purpose of issuing standards of Braille for music in Slovakia.

I am looking for the BRF or braille version of this publication, preferably in english grade 1. Could you please help me in this matter or share your opinion about this direction of translating this document? Is there any ammendment of it with later date issue?

Thank you in advance for every helpful hint or contact, where I could find this book and possibly answers to my questions.

Michal Tkacik

--
S úctou / Best regards

Mgr. Michal Tkáčik  ⠠⠍⠛⠗⠲⠀⠠⠍⠊⠉⠓⠁⠇⠀⠠⠞⠅⠡⠩⠊⠅
hlavný koordinátor Slovenskej autority pre Braillovo písmo

Slovenská autorita pre Braillovo písmo / the Braille Authority of Slovakia
Slovenská knižnica pre nevidiacich Mateja Hrebendu v Levoči / Matej Hrebenda Slovak Library for the Blind in Levoča
Telefónne číslo / Telephone Number: +421.915.937.069
e-mail: SABP at skn.sk<mailto:SABP at skn.sk>
web: www.skn.sk/SABP<http://www.skn.sk/SABP>