[nabentre] activities vs results

Loren Wakefield isaiah5719 at mchsi.com
Sun Sep 11 10:04:20 UTC 2011

    The following short newsletter is aimed at those of us involved with Shaklee.  However, many of the principles mentioned here I believe are very applicable to whatever business 1 is involved in.  The original writer is named Pat Hintze.

ACTIVITY vs. RESULTS

 I have had a number of great conversations this past week with some really great people in our business! Some Business Leaders and some want-to-be-as-soon-as-humanly-possible Business Leaders!!

We chatted about their goals of sun filled beaches, new cars and of course, a trip of a life time to hang out with the elephants in Kenya!! If you have not had one of those conversations with yourself or with your upline yet...DO IT!! (Very FUN stuff!)

BUT THOSE ARE RESULTS!!!
NOT ACTIVITIES!!

Yes, you want to know where you are going! BUT YOU REALLY NEED TO FOCUS ON HOW YOU ARE GOING TO GET THERE!!

FOCUS ON ACTIVITY!!

This is the biggest mistake I see when people set their personal and business goals. They ONLY focus on the result! Again, we NEED to know the desired RESULT, but it is ALL ABOUT ACTIVITY after that!

It sounds sort of weird but I don't think we can control the results very well in our business. (I wish I could!) They kind "are what they are" type of thing. BUT I CAN CONTROL MY ACTIVITIES!!

Think about it this way: Results are simply the REWARD for your activity. You can put a picture on the wall, walk through the new house you would want, go drive the car you desire and write little notes to yourself and plaster them everywhere, heck yes, you can even chant in the shower if you want too BUT none of those things have the remotest possibility of coming true if you don't DO THE ACTIVITIES that allow for them to happen! (I know, sort of a bummer!)

But again, YOU get to control your ACTIVITY! No one else! Just you! (Yep, again, sort of a bummer!) So, what do we do about it?

We were very fortunate a couple of Saturdays ago to have Lifetime Master Coordinator, Angel Torres in Milwaukee with us for a training session. He was awesome and put the perfect picture to activity for the group! He simply reminded us that ACTIVITY in our business is all about "Planting Seeds" (We have all probably heard that a thousand times before, I know I have, but he did it brilliantly!)

Open a conversation, ask a question or tell a story, it really does not matter! Focusing on "planting a seed" about our products or about our income opportunity EVERYDAY...EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!... is the ONLY way to the cash, cars, trips and dreams we have set as our goals!

The fun part about planting seeds (plural!) is that you never know which one is going to take root! BTW, if you want to eat, you might want to plant more than ONE seed! Get as many of them as you can out there! Spread a bunch of them around! As the late, great Jim Rohn said "Not all seeds will take root! The birds are going to get some! The wind is going to blow some! The sun is going to bake some! The water is going to drown some! And some are simply bad seeds! But the few that take hold can create a FEAST!" (I love that mental picture!)

SO! Put on your overhauls, strap up your work boots and start planting!! Make a call, send an email, slap the guy in front of you in line upside the head! (Say your sorry, you thought he was your old college roommate!) I don't really care!! :-) JUST PLANT SOME SEEDS!

The next 3 to 5 days are supposed to be perfect weather for it! Take advantage of it!

Chat with you again soon!