[nabentre] Writing/Re: Grant Writers

Brad Dunse' lists at braddunsemusic.com
Sun Sep 18 16:15:02 UTC 2011

Everet,

I am also very serious  in moving my career direction  into free
lance writing. I will definitely check out your resource page. If you
or any other writer on list would be willing to give input on the
below, that would be appreciated.

1. Do you utilize any special software to produce newsletters or
other specially formatted writing jobs? If so what, and is it screen
reader friendly/usable?

2. Do you find a particular kind of  job to be less graphical
intense, or in today's world  is the free lance writer having to do
more graphical layouts for some of the more simpler, less graphic
artist type jobs?

3. Are there any particular resources other than scanning the net,
that will give sample style and layouts for such things as press
releases, technical manuals, bios, commercial radio or video
scripting, speeches, etc.?

4. Assuming you do free lance commercial writing. and not currently
focusing on magazine article or other similar jobs, do you have any
samples of the above items you'd be willing to share that you might
send out to potential clients when looking for a job?

Thanks. I am very eager to learn what I need to learn to make this a
career move. I've dabbled in writing various types of things over the
years. Things such as a songwriting tip for our local NFP
organization and now an international e-zine for songwriters. Of
course my own song catalog, some policy and procedures for our
state's vending program, persuasive letters regarding an issue or
two, created various complex reports using MS Excell, created a
newsletter for local musicians, a forward for my cartoonist friend's
first book, and so on. As I look back I've been  dabbling in various
writings for  quite some time, not all finished works as they were
projects of mine which are not yet done and have been shelved or
become obsolete due to reason's out of my control. At any rate this
is a field I've considered  more than once but until now have  both
reason and motivation to work towards making a career change.

Thanks again for the post and any insight on the above you or anyone
else might have for enlightenment.

Brad

Brad

On 9/18/2011  07:54 AM Everett Gavel said...