[nabentre] PO Box and Post Office

Brad Dunse lists at braddunsemusic.com
Sat Jun 16 19:50:47 UTC 2012

I didn't' know of the the below. This from a NFP org I'm board member with
name blocked out with XXX.

It's timely that you should ask about this from what I'm doing today.  I'm
going to the post office to open up another P.O. Box for a business entity
that my husband and I are starting.

There are some great new services that could really be helpful to XXX
available at the post office.  You can now get a street address tied in to
your P.O. box for mail delivery.  They will use the street address of the
post office along with the box number for your address.  You can use this or
your straight P.O. box number simultaneously.

You can also get deliveries from UPS and Federal Express sent to your P.O.
Box address when using the street address version.

You can also get e-mail notifications on a daily basis of when you have mail
delivered that day.  Especially for XXX that doesn't get physical mail
frequently, it would be a great time saver to know exactly when there is
mail to be picked up.

Also, they can put your signature on file so that you don't have to
physically sign for any packages so that you can just pick them up when you
go to the post office the next time you are there.

All in all, there are enough services now available with box numbers where I
believe there is still great value for having one for around $60.00 per
year.

It also gives the organization that extra credibility of having its own
address.  I think we should keep the P.O. box.

Brad