[nabentre] New to the List

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 5 11:17:18 UTC 2012

It is called Mentoring mostly Zeeshan. We the NFB mentor each other on all forms of issues pertaining all of us and our individual needs, there is also a mentoring program called
http://www.nfblink.org/, which I am a member of. You register and they match you up with a mentor either in your state, or pertaining your interests.  Like jobs, parenting skills, mobility, education and so much more.  A one on one, that is how I found David Stayer, who is my best friend (and also surrogate father), whom I met back in 2006. Since then I got the right height cane, went back to school, I also became better at speaking, became the Treasurer of the Greater Long Island Chapter, and now the President of NFB Travel and Tourism.
We mentor each other every day, that is why we have these divisions, chapter meetings, affiliates, etc.
We mentor what we know and we don't charge for it either.
There is someone within the NFB that I know of who is looking to go into a similar kind of work, who I did a panel discussion with at the National Convention this year.
Dennis Holston, who is the President of the NFB Performing Arts Division, he also might be one to help on this as well. DHolston at nyc.rr.com

Leading the Way in Independent Travel!
SNG Certified - Accessible Travel Advocate!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com
2012 Norwegian Cruise Line University Advisory Board Member.
Help fuel the "Dream Machine" of the Imagination Fund by visiting www.nfb.org/imaginationfund to make a donation using your credit card ortext the word "blind" to 85944 and you will automatically donate $10 worth of fuel via your cell phone bill.