[nabentre] Real Estate investing

DGCNC dgcnc at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 21 23:37:49 UTC 2014

These can'ts can all be turned into I can. If you have the funds to explore
this avenue of investment, make it work. How do you plan to find these
properties? If through a realtor, build a relationship with one. Let them
know your intention. Nowadays, they want you to sign a contract with them to
help you buy. At that point, they work for you. Advise them that you need
their visual input and that it will impact future business. Take your
wife/partner if you have one. Do an initial look through on your own but
tell the person you have to bring back your designer/contractor. Carefully
use all of your senses. Does the house feel damp? Does it have a weird odor?
Does the floor seem strange? Develop a relationship with a Home Inspecter.
Have him/her advise you before you sign. You could get in some serious
trouble buying a house unseen. So, you find some kind of way to network with
people to report to you what they see. Your expertise comes from knowing
what to look for, how to detect it, knowing what is fixable, and so on. And,
there's something to be said about instinct. If it doesn't feel right,
either know why or walk away. There's another property just waiting to have
you visit it. Sellers will hide what they don't want you to see. You have to
be smart enough to find the clues and you have to understand real estate
too. It's not as easy as those guys on tv make it sound lol.