[nabentre] Accessable Bookkeeping Software

Kane Brolin kbrolin65 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 15:36:05 UTC 2014

On 1/27/2014, Harley Cannon <hcmusicmaker at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone on this list know about accessable bookkeeping software whereby
> you can download your statements, and then work with the data?
> I bought Money talks software, but the files my bank provides can't be
> imported.  I bank with PNC
>
> Thanks for your time!

Harley, you might want to check out Accomplish CashManager.  This
software is considered a mainstream bookkeeping solution in New
Zealand, where it was developed.  But the people who developed this
came to realize that it would work better for visually impaired people
than other  commercially available options for the U.S. market, such
as QuickBooks or PeachTree.  So they worked specifically to improve
this functionality, and those who developed CashManager gained
specific expertise in JAWS and Window-Eyes while doing so.  To my
knowledge, this is not yet a product that works with Apple computers
or with mobile platforms; I could be wrong about this.

My information on Accomplish Global and their product line is a bit
out of date.  But I worked with them in an attempt to market
CashManager in the USA from 2008 until midway through 2010, and I
think that since that time they have come out with a business version
of CashManager that will work seamlessly with bank statements and that
even figures in sales tax related to individual American states.
Their Website says in part:  "CashManager Business version provides
all the basic bookkeeping functions you will need to effectively
manage your accounts and calculate your sales tax."

Check out their product line by visiting
http://us.accomplishglobal.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=25&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=30&lang=us&vmcchk=1&Itemid=30.
 Or you can phone me at (574)386-8868.

-Kane