[nabentre] Division board of Entrepreneurs

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 12:33:07 UTC 2014

Hello,
What is BEP?
What is the mission of the  Entrepreneur division in NFB?
Has there been any kind of effort put into bridging the gap between
blindness related businesses and mainstream style businesses? Has there
been any kind of think-tank or something of that nature to address the
needs of the blindness community while also addressing the needs of the
sighted community in a way that has massive scalable potential?
Has there been any kind of mixing through the different divisions to
listen and learn what kind of needs are being expressed?
Has there been any kind of market analysis done where the division has
its presents?

I went to the National Convention in 2012 and was kind of sad at the
unfilled needs of the attendees. For example, a typical breakfast there
cost something like $10 and you had to go to a restaurant to eat. I just
wanted something to chow down on in the morning before heading to the
first session. There was no oatmeal, no breakfast kits, nothing to save
me from buying breakfast at the exorbitant hotel rates.
Also, is there an IPhone app to listen to the main session? I was in
pain after a couple hours of sitting there in those seats, but didn't
want to miss anything.

The national convention is a super small market, but would be a great
exercise for the Entrepreneur division to address. It would basically be
like a week long challenge from the apprentice.
Has anyone ever done something like this?
thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs <http://www.brandonkeithbiggs.com/>